Beta Testing!

DeltaVelocity
Site Admin

Beta Testing!

Post by DeltaVelocity » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 am

Hi guys and gals, :D

We'll be starting the multiplayer beta testing of IBE2 this weekend, with a test map which includes a limited selection of the levels. I expect to upload it officially by Saturday on NA and EU.

Note that it is primarily for testing, so please if you would like to give feedback on anything, or find any bugs, feel free to post them on these forums or message me about it!

I expect the full version to be ready in a few weeks depending in part on what issues come up during the testing phase.

Talv
Thrower Of Essence

Re: Beta Testing!

Post by Talv » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:56 pm

At last! :)

DjSkill
Thrower Of Essence

Post by DjSkill » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 pm

OOOOUUU YEEA!!!

b0zzo
Power Booster

Post by b0zzo » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Thank you for your work, delta!

Those first 14 level are really interesting.. that's really the game I was hoping to play.

Enjoy

Talv
Thrower Of Essence

Post by Talv » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Is IBE2 speed faster than IBE1? Because it feels like it. Atleast speedy, not sure about normal.

Some suggestions/bugs:
1. Flame is so tiny that it make possible to avoid it being on ground at this map http://i.imgur.com/aDDEjtk.jpg
2. Map with lava takes tooo long. Would be cool to have some kind of shorcut. Or make the 1st platform faster, and make additional platform for the second part of lava. So if u miss platform by seconds u wont have to wait another day until it get back :)
3. Map with reverse ice is really hard! Both shorcut and long route with super fast ice. Other maps were nerfed quite hard and this stayed untouched since "closed" beta. Something has to be done here to keep the same lvl of difficulty with the rest of the challenges.
It's just not possible to scroll camera fast enough on rev super fast ice to dodge createres, also u can't use the camera lock cause follow is too slow and it lose track of your baneling. I don't mean it's completly impossible but surely too hard - just to be clear, im talking about speedy on normal its not that bad i guess.
Maybe make super rev ice bit slower?
Or/and move the random move scantipedes more to the left. That would make possible to consistently circle right before super fast ice without risk, waiting for "magic timing" to pass creatures going all the way more or less in the middle of super fast ice.
Also u could add more random scantipedes again on the way between line of the ursadaks and way to the end (but not too close ;p). And remove the safe land at the cost of moving scantipedes to the left.
About the shorcut.. its too hard on speedy :D Cause of:
- entrance is too tiny, so its hard to loop directly before it and make it to inside
- if you try to do it safer and instead of looping directly before sc, go whole way at the bottom edge u will most likely die from the scantipede inside sc, cause scantipede outside the sc (which goes up and bottom) which lets u got through bottom edge is more or less synced with the one inside. as far as i know :P
- shorcut is too close to the map border - doing it with camera lock feels weird.. cause in the middle of the way camera stops for a while at map border and your clicks began being imprecise...
One of those things above has to be solved to let people do sc once for a while instead once for a year :D
Personally i'd like to see sc moved a bit to the right, away from the map border (or just resize it to let camera move more to the left using lock).
And scantipede inside sc should move more to the bottom, or entrance should a bit wider (but not too much ;p)

Other challenges were nerfed quite hard, thats good. But personally i dont mind game being harder than IBE1, aslong as it doesn't involve random moves, and patterns so complex that it feels random - that's how closed beta looked like ;P

DjSkill
Thrower Of Essence

Post by DjSkill » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Super fast ice is fine no need nerf it. Camera scroll is ok. I don't like when you make map easier, let noobs learn to play ;) I liked that fast arrow on some level, think you shouldn't made it slower. Map is great, time shift is perfect idea for ice escape, good job. Can't wait for reverse version :)
BTW It would be cool if map have few extra hard levels for those who finish all previos.
Last edited by DjSkill on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Talv
Thrower Of Essence

Post by Talv » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

Super fast ice is fine, but reverse super fast ice on speedy with creatures on the way is insane :D I cant keep camera track in any way, and i would rather avoid changing scroll speed in options cause it would fucked me up in other challanges/other games.
And i agree - game being quite hard is not that bad, but please keep random things at minimum... random speed predator.. which also randomly chooses path at some maps annoying me enough ;D
Also, on this map http://i.imgur.com/KB1or7D.jpg is too many random zealots.. sometimes u cant pass at all..

Talv
Thrower Of Essence

Post by Talv » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:40 pm

One thing i forgot to mention - if you are being arted game centers screen on your bane - thats really bad if it happening on ice. You cannot react instantly or your clicks will be imprecise. That usually ends being dead. It should center only if you are screens away from your bane or not center at all.